Tulix Creates Best-of-breed Streaming Platform for Launch of Vidgo’s Sports and English Content
Thanks to Verimatrix’s leading content protection,
critical content providers, including ESPN and Fox, have given certification to
The new ecosystem powering Vidgo also includes:
- 1. Tulix provides its core CDN infrastructure and acts as the prime system integrator for the project, providing created dedicated workflows and a complete solution including subscriber management and billing. This end-to-end platform enabled Vidgo to pass all barriers to entry over the last few years.
- 2. Within the overall Tulix design, Harmonic supplies a headend for encoding, transcoding, packaging, and blackouts, located in Vidgo’s private cloud.
- 3. Imagine and Ateme provide encoding features for ESPN channels.
- 4. CenturyLink brings additional CDN capacity to the Tulix MULTI-CDN service and transport acquisition for some of the sources.
- 5. Veygo provides content management features (CMS) as well as application support and Verimatrix DRM implementation for Roku, Amazon, and Apple TV.
- 6. Kiswe powers the Vidgo mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- 7. Zayo is the fiber interconnection provider for some
of the contribution links and source acquisition.
Shane Cannon, Vidgo Co-founder, and CEO said, “Four years ago we began working with Tulix to design and implement a comprehensive over the top streaming solution that would meet the strict network requirements. Together, we have developed the lowest cost operating model in the industry to support premium live streaming.”
George Bokuchava, CEO of Tulix, said: “One of Vidgo’s key USPs comes from providing premium linear OTT channels. So, stream quality is paramount for both content owners and subscribers. Vidgo undertook significant analysis early on to get the most cost-effective solutions. With our core CDN, encoding, and end-to-end workflow expertise, we presented the best answer, and we now provide an ecosystem in which to incorporate best-in-class elements for a linear OTT platform. I’m excited and proud to be powering the launch of Vidgo’s new mass-market packages.”
Vidgo is a
prepaid, over-the-top television streaming service with the most popular live
Sports, Entertainment, Family, and Latino programming at an affordable price.
Each package includes three simultaneous device streams and is available at
home or on the go. With no fees for equipment, no credit checks, and no
contracts, everyone qualifies for Vidgo. For more information, visit http://www.vidgo.com or contact
Tulix provides innovators, investors, and enterprises with products, resources, and guidance on strategy, infrastructure, technology, and business models across the streaming ecosystem. The company leverages innovation from its technology incubator close to Georgia Tech. Tulix provides complete and managed streaming solutions from its data centers around the world. With a presence in Europe, the company operates out of Atlanta, USA, deploying direct-to-consumer premium live video services over its streaming-optimized CDN. For more information, visit www.tulix.com.
Media contact Marta Twardowska: +31 6 21 18 45 85, email@example.com